Saturday 25 June 2011

Learning by doing!

This month’s challenge at Kraft It Up is to create a layout on Kraft using a “time line”. It shall contain a minimum of three pictures and a journaling telling the story of what the “time line” is about. When I saw this challenge I immediately thought of these three pictures of our daughter at her two years birthday. If I was a good mother I guess I should have prophesied this risk and warned her that candles are hot. But… I didn’t just miss that – I’m showing it here too… ;)

On this layout I wanted to do something a little bit different than usual. Inspired by my new Distress Stains I wanted the paint to play the lead, using less embellishments. I started painting with three different colors of Distress Stains. I then stamped with two different shades of pink, using bubble wrap (bigger than usual). I continued stamping small hearts in copper and splashing some yellow mist. To highlight the title (I didn’t think I needed any journaling to capture the story of these pictures) I sew with “Sew easy fancy floss” under it.


Thanks so much for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Great layout, Helene! I love what you did with the paints, it looks so cheerful. And the sewing for highlighting the title is wonderful.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page Helene.. LOVE your grungy background and fun elements!! Thanks for playing along at KIU :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh va härligt färgfull layouten blir med banden som "spretar"! Och snyggt med distresskladdet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!