Wednesday 22 June 2011

Dirty little thing

Today there’s a new challenge up at The Lollipop Ladies! Yummy chocolate paste on the beaters! The extra challenge is to add some metal. Brown and metal… way out of my comfort zone. This makes it so much more fun! The picture is of my daughter playing with mud. It has splashed up in her face and on her arms in perfect dots – looking exactly as freckles! I just had to take a picture! But I just had my mobile camera with me so it’s not that visible. Anyway, it’s a funny memory and I think it’s perfect for this challenge!


I thought it would be fun not only to add metal embellishments, but also to add some “metal color” on the layout.  So I started up “painting” with silver ink, an ink blending tool and a mask. I then added the picture and the embellishments on the middle of it. The gorgeous birds from K & Company were perfect here – both because there are a lot of birds where the picture is taken, and because they had the right colors.

The branch is made with in a die-cut machine. The tickets are stamped on two different silver papers and cut out. The flowers are cut out of a patterned paper (I couldn’t resist adding SOME bright colors).

My metals are two butterflies. I chose to have one in silver and one in bronze.

Finally I decorated the edges. I stamped with an ink pad in bronze and attached some Tim Holtz Tissue Tape (which I use to seldom).

Thanks for looking! I'm looking forward to see your interpretations at The Lollipop Ladies!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your example for the Lollipop ladies Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your LO is divine Helene....I really really love those little birds...where did you get them from???
    Love Kathie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!