This layout is made using my July Kit from Zima. I loved the colors in the kit! (If you want to read more about our kit switch click here). I also loved all the different butterflies and I wanted them to be relatively dominant on the page. In order to enhance the color scheme I colored part of the background paper with matching ProMarkers and a black pen. I also colored the butterflies with acrylic paint (one of them has its original turquoise color). Even the washi tape that I put along the borders has the same color scheme. I don’t do that very often but I must say that I liked the effect. :)
Monday, 30 July 2012
Wednesday, 25 July 2012
Have you seen the news over at Kraft It Up? I’m on the team!!! I’m so excited about this!!! If you follow my blog you know that I love to create on kraft paper and that I love Kraft It Up’s challenges! So this is a dream come true! :) Go and check out the announcement here and take look at all the talented CT members. I’m so flattered to be part of that team! :)
I thought I should show you the layouts that I made when I applied to the team.
The first one is made on craft paper decorated with a lot of acrylic paint. (Its title is “Yeah” which seems fitting at the moment.) The frames are doodled and the pinwheels are handmade. The pinwheels are very easy to make. If you don’t know how to make them and want to learn I’ll be glad to show you. Just tell me. :)
The second one is made on a patterned paper from American Crafts (Amy Tangerine) using kraft paper as embellishments. I’ve done a lot of doodling on this one, and of course I used some acrylic paint… ;) The frame around the picture is washi tape. The picture shows DD with her cousin.
Wednesday, 18 July 2012
One day DD asked me: Mummy, do you want to watch a silly dance? YES! I answered and grabbed my camera! I wasn’t disappointed… I love when I manage to capture moments like this on pictures! :)
The layout is made for a challenge at Veckans nya skiss. There’s a sketch to be inspired by and you should also include this:
On my LO:
At least 2 different alphas
3 different alphas
Paint, mist, gesso, crayons etc.
Acrylic paint, modeling paste, gesso, distress ink
Something that’s cut out of a paper
I doodled and cut out some strips etc.
At least 5 different colors
I used a lot… as always :)
Something that’s not made for scrapbooking
I had a different idea from the beginning but I unpacked some things for my kitchen today and I found a decoration on an old spice jar that I thought was perfect for this LO. It’s the “Masai bracelet” hanging on the picture on the left. :)
Here’s some close ups:
(The awesome camera decoration is cut with Zima’s cameo (THANKS!) and colored with black gesso.)
Sunday, 8 July 2012
I have two layouts to share with you today. Both of them are made with kits from my monthly kit switch with Zima. The first one is made with July's kit and it’s made for a challenge at Molly’s Scrapbooking. The challenge is to create something with banners on – and it must be more than one banner. This is what I came up with:
There are some special journaling on this one and it’s written on some of the banners. It is two stories about how much DD loves her grandpa. One says that one night when she was going to bed she told us that she has three best friends – two of them are her girlfriends from kindergarten and the third one are grandpa! :)
The second story says that, at kindergarten they asked all the 3-year-olds what they like most and they answered things like eating pancakes or playing with some favorite toy. DD answered playing with grandpa as he’s so cheerful! :)
(I love my father just as much and I was so happy to hear this).
All banners are cut out of patterned paper and some of them are doodled. The frame is doodled and cut out. The cool “net pattern” is cut with Zima’s Cameo. As I’m into a doodling period I had to doodle on them too ;).
The hearts are also cut with Zima’s Cameo and colored with some acrylic paint. That is, by the way, what I used to decorate the background too. :)
The second layout I’m sharing today is made from May's kit that had a sewing theme. The picture is taken when all the parents were at DD’s kindergarten one day to help fixing things. (I was making princess clothes).
I thought this picture went so well with the sewing theme but I wasn’t really satisfied with the outcome… I don’t know why, because it looks the way I wanted it to… But, I guess, all pages can’t be favorites… :) Here’s a close up:
That was all for today. (And a little bit too much, I guess!) I hope you enjoyed looking anyway!!! Take care!
Tuesday, 3 July 2012
Grate news – ARTastic is having a Design Team Call! Please pop over here to read more about the details. I really recommend you all to apply as it’s a great team to work with and the challenges are very fun and inspiring!!!
There’s also a new challenge up at ARTastic! I really, really love it – the criterion is to use bright and vibrant colors! Here’s my CT layout:
I wanted to use really vibrant colors and to make them shine even more I used them with only black, white and grey.
The clouds are doodled and colored with Caran D’Ache NeoColor II. To make the raindrops I first added ink on a mask and then doodled on the cardstock (there’s two kinds of raindrops). I also doodled a frame around the layout.
Clustered around the picture there are some different Amy Tangerine American Craft embellishments, washi tape, a Heidi Swapp neon photo corner, a doodled frame and some doodled flowers colored with acrylic paint. The splashes are made with Distress stain.
Thanks for looking! I hope you all want to play along - and apply for the Creative Team!!!