Tuesday 28 June 2011

Don’t really want to

I love this picture of our daughter! This is her special expression when she doesn’t really want to do what we tell her to do. She pulls her shoulders up, puts her head on one side, and smiles this cute little smile… Quite hard to resist…
I made this layout for Scrap the girls June challenge. It’s a color challenge with cream, light pink, dark pink and black. I wanted to use a lot of different mists and Distress Stains to create the right “pink feeling”. This is what I came up with.

I first painted part of the cardstock with pink Distress Stain. I then sprayed with three different shades of pink Glimmer Mist, and finally “dipped” the cardstock in “pearls” of Distress Stain (pink and red). It was an experiment but I kind of liked the result :)

The flowers are colored with different shades of pink (and black) mists that I both sprayed and splashed. The checkered paper is a Webster’s paper that I decorated using a black pen and some rhinestones.

Left of the picture I decorated with a black rub-on from K & Company, stamps, black ink, and some flowers cut out of Webster’s patterned papers.
Thanks for looking!!!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! You did a wonderful job with all this misting around! A reall messy project :).
    I love the cluster of flowers and the journaling as a frame for the photo.
    Your daughter is a cutie patootie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...love how you created the background & what you did with the flowers! Also love the journaling to create the frame...& such a cute photo, would be hard to resist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, how hard would it be to resist that gorgeous pose, she is so beautiful and with her head on the side, super cute...I love what you did for the challenge here, how gorgeous is your journalling and all the misted flowers, they look like Prima ones. I love this, I think it is a winner. Love MElxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. great Layout love the journalling to create your frame, very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vilken härlig layout! Gillar hur texten liksom blir en del av layoutens formgivning.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!