Tuesday 20 September 2011

One layout and one birthday card

The lady on the picture is a close friend of my husband’s family and she was almost like a “second mother” to him when he was a young boy. She is very fond of him and of our little daughter so I thought I should do a layout as a present for her. I think she looks so fab in this military green linen suit (she’s 86 years old, you know)!
I have used a lot of products from Basic Grey’s Out of print here as I thought it matched the green suit. I also used some new dies from Spellbinders that I really love (Ironworks motifs). (They are gorgeous when you do the dry embossing too). The title of the layout says “A wonderful day!”



I also made a birthday card for my father in law to his 80th birthday. I played a lot with glimmer mists, ink pads, distress ink, stamps, 80 as a mask, and embossing. To the left you’ll see some of Prima’s Resistant canvas – another new favorite product for me.

Thanks a lot for looking!!! Your comments make me SO happy!!!

5 comments:

  1. OH! MY! Goodness Helene!!!
    That layout is is totally DIVINE.......
    Love the fussy Cutting & the design is SUPERB!!!
    LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!
    A Gorgeous Card too..... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely Helene, love what how you've used the out of print stickers. they've had me stumped for a while. Beautiful Card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have done such a fantastic job of your layout - I agree with Leonie these stickers can be a little tricky but you have totally used them perfectly!!! Stunning card too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Underbar bild på din dotter och den gamla damen! Ögonblicket är verkligen fångat! Och layouten är jättefin! Gillar dina lager på lager effekter, som gör att man måste titta mer än en gång på LO:n innan man ser allt fint som finns där. :) Det krullade "nätet" genom knappen var fiffigt!

    Grattiskortet är helt underbart, det med! :) Supersnyggt med de embossade noterna i botten, de olika lila skiftningarna och att de stämplade blommorna blir en del av buketten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the sweet reaction! Your works with the butterflys (in the other blog) is fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!