Thursday 29 September 2011

More modeling paste!

I couldn’t keep my hands of the modeling paste! There’s so much fun to do with it! This layout is about DD who loves to climb – she never misses one possibility to climb on whatever she finds that is possible to climb at…
(The layout is not supposed to be that brown in the lower right corner. But when I turned around I saw DD playing with my ink blending tool on the LO and it was brown ink on it… Not the way I wanted it, but a fun memory…;))
To capture the context where the picture is taken I wanted to have a lot of green and leaves in the background. First I played with a mask and different shades of green ink. (It’s kind of a messy background, but I think it looks like the sun filters through the leaves and it produces such a summery feeling…) I then blended green acrylic paint with modeling paste and created the fronds using a Crafter’s Workshop Template.
Here is another picture that really shows the texture of the fronds. The embellishments are a mixture of Basic Grey’s Sweet Threads and Bo Bunny’s Garden Girl, with a little ingredients of Crate Farmhouse and MME Lost & Foud II.
The branch behind the owls is a die-cut made out of a Crate Random paper.
Thank you SO much for looking! Your comments are SO appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. Helene, this is gorgeous! I started playing with modeling paste too, and it really looks great.
    You've done a fab work with the masking and the modeling paste, and the addition by your daughter is great :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Leaves using Modeling paste JUST UTTERLY GORGEOUS........ GEE your a CLEVER CHICK A DEE!!!!! Just GORGEOUS is your layout Helene.....
    Love it too bits!!!
    Hope you have a Wonderful weekend..... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh I though those leaves were a diecut or something until i saw the close-up that is so utterly Awesome I just love them/it the whole thing is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally exquisite .... with so much beautiful detail here ... love love love it .... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummmmm... AMAZING!!! What a fantastic layout!!! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vilken cool layout! Håller med om att det ser ut som om solen strilar genom lövverket, på LO'n och fortsätter in i bilden (eller tvärt om). Det var en snygg effekt! Och de där ormbunksbladen... Så himla snygga!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!