Friday 16 September 2011

Before & After

On this layout I wanted to play a little bit extra with “paint”. As the background is already so beautifully colored (Sassafras Sunshine Broadcast) I had an idea of making a white “frame” around the pictures and then to color it with glimmer mist.


First I painted gesso on the background and on some chipboard. Then I added some white embellishments (die-cuts, colorable flowers and trim) and sprayed it with pink, yellow and turquoise glimmer mists (the same colors as on the background paper). I also added some embellishments from the Sunshine Broadcast collection.



To be able to make layers like this you should put the white embellishments in exactly the right place without gluing it. After you have misted it you can lift them up and place some other embellishments under them. I don’t know what you think about the final result, but I had a great time making it!!!


(The pictures are of our daughter before and after her haircut.)

Thank you SO much for looking!!! And thanks for all the lovely comments you are leaving me!!!

The gorgeous butterflies in the upper right corner are from K & Co.

3 comments:

  1. magical just magical .. loving all of this one ... those pics are treasures ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful page!!! I love how you used this sunshine broadcast paper - great idea!!! I've yet to use that particular one, but this has really inspired me! Lovely pics too - gorgeous work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åh vilken ljuvlig layout! Jättefina färger och dekorationer! Och supersöt dotter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!