Sunday 4 December 2011

Longing for Christmas

Are you longing for Christmas? Or at least for doing a Christmas themed layout? If so, you should have a look at ARTatsic’s December challenge. The inspiration painting is “A Blessing of Christmas” by Thomas Kinkade. To get the extra bonus points you should include a snowman, a Christmas Tree and use the word ‘Christmas’ in you title.
When I saw this painting I got a feeling of wanting to be part of something or longing for something (to join the celebration in that house) and I thought of our daughter who was longing for Christmas (this was in the beginning of November).
To capture the colors in the painting I chose a light green paper with Christmas pattern for the background. I spayed some yellow mist to create some “light” and white gesso to create “snow”. If you look close you can see the yellow “light” as stars trough the “snow”. I also added a lot of different Christmas embellishments, including the requested ones.


I hope you want to join the challenge!!!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun layout! Great techniques too.
    Your daughter is such a cutie :))).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a Christmas Feel to this Layout Helene.....
    Love all the added details!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jättehärlig och julig layout! Gillar hur fotografiet liksom är "inbakat" i juliga dekorationer! :) Snyggt med de tryckta stjärnorna i gesson och det korta, avklippta snöret oxå.
    Kram

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!