Saturday 15 September 2012

A creative gun

One period DD liked to play with guns. She didn’t have one so she used a stick or built one with Lego. One day she was with me in our scrapbooking/pottering room and she suddenly started to create a gun using different papers. Quite creative, I think. :)
I thought the Dash Dalton paper from October Afternoon was perfect for these pictures. I cut out two strips and doodled a frame around them. On the background paper I added some Dylusions Ink Spray using a couple of different techniques. I added some texture using modeling paste on a template and filled its contours with a black pen. The film strip is also done with a template using black gesso. I used a white gel-roll pen for its contours.
I love the jeans leaves! They are easy to make – I just doodled on a patterned paper and cut them out. I will definitely do it again!
A comment on the language for my Swedish readers: (Hon brukar kalla gevären för "skjutare" - därav texten till höger. Pistoler kallas för övrigt "pangare"...)

No challenge this time – just loads of fun! Hope you enjoyed looking! Have a nice weekend!!!

7 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet , cut and happy LO! How fun to see that what your doughter calls a pangare my son used to call a pang pang. I love her imagination and creativeness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helene este é também MARAVILHOSO!
    Adoro o que você fez no background,as flores e folhas em jeans.
    As photos são belíssimas, eu gosto de tudo.
    Um grande abraço,querida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun page that will become much loved by your daughter as she grows and changes. The comics and bright colours yell,fun,fun and more fun, Helene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Helene, the film strip looks awesome, love those flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the bright colors and are those white squares rub ons? All I know is they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Helene, have you thought of adding "subscribe by email" to your blog settings. I would love to get email reminders when you get posts so I stop missing out on your awesome-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! What a fun layout! Love your leaves!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! It really makes my day!!!